Getting Windows updates w/o genuine windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
I had a thread before on this saying how I ordered Windows XP Pro and I sent in my PC to get the wiring fixed when building my PC and they offered to install my Windows XP Pro for me so I let them and now they stole it and I am left with an ungenuine XP copy. My question is is there someway to get my Windows updates w/o a genuine copy? I know I can download the installer for updates but before it actually installs the updates, it needs to validate your Windows copy which I cannot pass. I ask because I really need some downloads from Microsoft (WMP 11 and DirectX 9.0c) and they are pretty much forcing me to buy another copy of the OS.

Also, it has been like 10 months since those crooks at the PC shop took my genuine Windows cd key, do you think I can possibly threaten them for unfair business practice into giving me a new one? It's a long shot but I really want to get back at them.

run rockxp and see what key it gives you. Is it the same as you had before or the one the pc store used?

Unfortunately, I don't have the cd-key anymore, they kept it. BUT, I do have a 14 digit key for the sticker that your supposed to apply on the PC tower. Would this work at all?

Hold on, I'm confused on how rockxp works. I scanned and I got a Product key and then a serial number then I clicked on validate and it said this is a valid key. What do I do from here?

JeffK91 said:
Hold on, I'm confused on how rockxp works. I scanned and I got a Product key and then a serial number then I clicked on validate and it said this is a valid key. What do I do from here?

call ms and tell them that you install windows on your computer with the key that's on the side of the machine, but now it's saying that it isn't legit.

they will help you if it isn't a corp edition.

call them later on and act like somebody else and report that company for bad business practices.

you can also take the advice I gave you earlier and use autopatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom