Choppy sound in all apps, studdering mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
TallDude,
I have an HP notebook w/ 80GB, 1024MB ram, and an AMD Turion 64 Mobile Processor ml-34 (1.8GHz). I just dropped about 950 on it 3 months ago or so.

BMXfreakrider,
I am usually only running explorer and AIM (such as right now) and if anything else, winamp. Running Apps in Task Manager agrees with me on this. However, I do have 57 processes. Is that a lot? Most of them are using 00 'cpu'.

The highest mem usage of these (between 17-31,000K mem) is CCAPP.EXE, explorer.exe, svchost.exe (system, not network service), and iexplore.exe.

Why are there two explorers?

How to I get to msconfig >startup to disable stuff i dont need? Sorry I know thats a stupid question but I dont see it in control panels. I will try turning off symantec.

hashbrown85 said:
TallDude,
I have an HP notebook w/ 80GB, 1024MB ram, and an AMD Turion 64 Mobile Processor ml-34 (1.8GHz). I just dropped about 950 on it 3 months ago or so.

BMXfreakrider,
I am usually only running explorer and AIM (such as right now) and if anything else, winamp. Running Apps in Task Manager agrees with me on this. However, I do have 57 processes. Is that a lot? Most of them are using 00 'cpu'.

The highest mem usage of these (between 17-31,000K mem) is CCAPP.EXE, explorer.exe, svchost.exe (system, not network service), and iexplore.exe.

Why are there two explorers?

How to I get to msconfig >startup to disable stuff i dont need? Sorry I know thats a stupid question but I dont see it in control panels. I will try turning off symantec.

ccapp.exe is a Symantec tool for updates I believe. To get to msconfig, click start>run then type msconfig in the box, hit enter. The tabs all have good info in them. The startup tab lets you know what programs start when windows does and usually that's where the problem lurks.

i now have 61 processes right after I start my computer. I downloaded anti-vir and have since detected 7 bad things, two mal-ware, 5 suspicicous code but my comp still takes a long time to load up. Also, i have noticed that you are right, it is my ram thats being eaten up, its not an audio problem which I should have realized right away, but thats merely a symptom.

Last but not leastly, my cursur is frozen but my computer can still be navigated via keyboard (if I knew how to better). When I restart, the cursur is functional again. Also, almost every link for Anti-vir download claimed the page could not be found. I thought this was extremely odd, as I tried many different places. I eventually got it off of filehippo.com but apparently this program couldnt get rid of my problem as of yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If i was able to list every process could anyone pick out which ones are suspicious. by the way, I have a lot of them that are 'svc'.exe and a lot that are just plain called 'svchost.exe. Does anyone know whats going on???? I am very appreciative to anyone who can help me, I dont have any other resources of help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom