upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamr100

Solid State Member
should i buy a new mobo and am2 processor or just stick with my 939 socket a buy a new dual core amd. IS the socket likely to change again in the next six months therefore making a new mobo upgrade just a waste of money? thanks

You're going to have to give people longer than 59 minutes to reply to your question. Go read a book and I'm sure someone will come along shortly to help you out.

If you get an AM2, your going to have to replace your ram to ddr2.
New CPU, RAM, Motherboard.

It's almost like replacing a whole system. Only thing missing is the videocard. And you can reuse the hard drive.

If I were you, I would just save up and just get a whole new system, I wouldn't bother upgrading the cpu since your current computer is still decent. Plus, by getting a new system you get 2 working computers.

Just do some OCing if you just want a faster cpu.

With DX10 video coming, and vista rollout soon, I'd wait till the market settleed down and early bugs worked out. Otherwise might be replacing hardware too soon. rarely pays to wait as there is ALWAYS new hardware coming down the pike, BUT this is an exception...UNLESS you had to get a new one immediately.

Your present rig is no slouch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom