My first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikemouthwash

Solid State Member
Alright, i've been messing around with different builds for a few weeks and i've been looking at Static_11's guide for what to look for (which i learned so much from, thank you very much), however, it is a bit outdated. The prices did not match whatsoever. Well, my most recent build has left me with many unanswered questions where I hope you can help me.

I will be using this card mostly for gaming (CS S, Fear, BF2 and BF 2148 and games that require strong systems that will come out in the near future). Also i will be using it for a start-up for website design and things like that. I would like to have a computer that could run games like CS S

Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130066

I did my research on the internet and i realized that when this was first released, the Core Clock was 550MHz and the memory clock was around 700. This website shows it as 600MHz and 1450 (effectively)
I am guessing that they overclocked the card but i am wondering whether or not i should stay away from these card. For all i know, they might be doing me a favor with OCing it already for me.

If you have any recommendations for another card, feel free to mention them, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

This is my processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103747

just asking whether or not this is a good chip for gaming.

Also i am probably going to get a 2 512 or 2 1048 RAM for it, depends how it looks. My limit is 1200-1300 w/o monitor

If you guys could recommend a Case, Cooling system, and a Power supply that will be able to run all of these things, i would greatly appreciate it.

I will be editing this thread along the way of my first purchase.

First off If you could tell me how much you want to spend and what exactly you need in that budget I could better stear you to a good choice.

Until then Let me start off by saying the card is a good choice, it should destroy 2142 and most games today. Although the BFG version is 20 cheaper and they are both the same cards. Then again eVGA is probably the best name in Nvidia cards today so its fine.

As for the CPU thats a pretty good one but this is better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115005

The E6300 is about the same price and is better than that one. Also that CPU can be OC'd safley to beat stock FX-60 speeds.

Sorry, i didn't really emphasize it too much, though it's third sentence from the bottom. 1200-1300 US $.

I've heard so many good things about amd but still, i may be wrong about that. However, i'd go with intell if you say its good.

Another thing i want is that my processor/ Vid Card won't be outdated within a year or two so that i will have to resort to low settings in order to get a smooth FPS. The intell processor seems a bit low, 1.86GHz. I may be wrong but i always learned that you should get something in the mid 2Ghz range. That's just me though, i may be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom