How did I do for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cdub89 said:
Hmm never heard of that. When i got mine right after i hooked them up i cranked it up and jammed. So i didnt do the break in so i guess mine will only last a few weeks huh? Also we have always had a pretty good home stereo and surround sound all we bought was Klipsch speakers they still jam after 7yrs of hard use.

Did you read what I said?

The problem with the 5.1 Klipsch, thats right, ONLY the 5.1 Klipsch is the sub

Go the Klipcsch forums and take a look. Go newegg and look at all the reviews on them.

Klipsch is a excellent audio manufacture.

And I said breaking them in correctly will help prevent overheating the sub so quickly and blowing it.

Ahh ok gotcha you never said just the 5.1 you just said Klipsch so i figured you meant everything.

Be sure to tell us how the z-5500s sound. Those are the speakers I'm getting too probably around the holidays or just after. Klipsch speakers rock. I have the Reference Series upstairs with 1000W sub hooked up to a Marantz reciever. King Kong is crazy jumping around up there!

great choice for the speakers, i have them in my basement hooked up to my tv, ps2 and dvd player, and they are amazing. Pretty good price too for the quality you get.

RalliArt882 said:
Be sure to tell us how the z-5500s sound. Those are the speakers I'm getting too probably around the holidays or just after. Klipsch speakers rock. I have the Reference Series upstairs with 1000W sub hooked up to a Marantz reciever. King Kong is crazy jumping around up there!

I own them

They sound great. IMO. Im sure to an advanced audiophile they sound mediocre at best. My only complaint is that the base is *sloppy* (lol whoops:eek:)but everything else IMO is very nice.

Very loud when paired with a nice sound card!

:)

Just a quick note RalliArt...

In your sig you need to put IMG tags around your URL's.

Ex: [img]www.your_user_bar_here.com[/img]

Back on topic.

Yes there is better. But of course it is very expensive, and probably not for you.

Z-5500 + Xtrememusic is a excellent combo. You will be happy with it. :)

Lord AnthraX said:
Just a quick note RalliArt...

In your sig you need to put IMG tags around your URL's.

Ex: [img]www.your_user_bar_here.com[/img]

Back on topic.

Yes there is better. But of course it is very expensive, and probably not for you.

Z-5500 + Xtrememusic is a excellent combo. You will be happy with it. :)
Does a sound card really enhance the sound or is it kinda a waste of money?

Yeah I keep noticing my sig. I'm going to delete it. I really want something that will really pump out bass, and so far I hear that those will get the job done. I was thinking about Klipsch Promedia 5.1, but the rms on the Logitech is higher, so I'll go with Logitech.

But what do you mean by "sloppy bass"? Does it get distorted when you turn it up, or is it just inconsistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom