First Time Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
the larger cache pretty much makes up for the lower ghz rating... my 2.0 ghz opteron 146 pwnd my 3500+ at same or similar clock speeds... but really, these are all already pretty high performance.. i honestly don't think you will notice a difference

sometimes i don't even notice the difference between my e6600 and my old 3800x2 ... when doing regular things i don't notice a difference at all...... but when burning dvd's and such thats when it comes in.. lol...

but the difference between the 2 processors would be too small to care about.. so save some bucks if you can, put it towards something else.. such as a 7900gto

I was wondering, I have an 80GB IDE hard drive.
Could i use this hard drive for my operating syatem and my 320 GB sata Seagate hard drive for games.

Would the IDE and the sata work ok together, or would there be a conflict?

Thanks for any help.

I don't really understand why you would want the AMD X2 5000+ when you could get the Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 for $330. But it's not my place to judge how you waste your money.

Also, I would use that 80GB for storage because the 320GB is SATA300 and will be much faster than the older 80GB IDE drive.

I looked at Toms Hardware and the benches for games that they had and they did have the intel core 2 duo winning out over the AMD X2 5000, but not by that large of a margin.

I will also be building an intel system later, as my post says.

I believe the next generation of AMD chips will also work on an AM2 motherboard...is that correct?

Also, can anybody ansewer my hard drive question.....thanks.

Thanks for the reply NosBoost300

Also, with that 7900 GTO video card, will I be able to use AA and still run at high resolutions?

I have used both brands of cards before, Nvidia and ATI.
My ATI card performed alittle better when I enabled AA, however it was a newer card than the Nvidia card that I had. Is it normal that an ATI card works better with AA enabled, or am i just imagining things, lol.

i think nvidia cards do work with AA better.. at least my x1900xt work real well with aa.. but i can't really say, because the x1900xt is just a plain better card than my old 7900gt.. lol

anyway.. yes, you should be able to see the AA just fine with that card, i noticed it just fine with my 7900gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom