Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

will h4x 4 food

Daemon Poster
hello,
I have a friend whos system keeps restarting time and time again at boot up.
I get to the Windows loading screen, then a blue screen flashes up very quickly, too quick to read what it says and then it repeats the process.
I've tried the F8 key and start from last known good configuration, but it makes not difference.
Also tried Safe Mode start, get to the .....Windows\System\Drivers\Mup.sys and it hangs for a while, then restarts again, same process follows.

I think the virus software was up to date, so not sure if it's that, a new game was installed a few days again, but it ran ok for a couple of days until it suddenly went like this.

I remember reading somewhere a process to boot to a command prompt and copy some stuff from the Windows disk, but can't remember what that was?

I've also tried booting to floppy and doing fdisk /mbr, still not change?

If anyone could give me some pointers, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

This has happened to me a few times. I got really frustrated at one point and just reformatted my hard drive, but im sure someone on here will know how to do it properly. :)

matt

The blue screen flashing up right away is the infamous blue screen of death so don't concern yourself about reading what it says since most times its diagnostic is wrong and complete rubbish

Most of the time from my experience the main cause of immediate BSODs is bad RAM so of course you want to run memtest and see if it has any problems. Pulling out sticks and running them individually will probably narrow down the problem

But most likely it's some form of system instability so either RAM, CPU or power supply. Chances are the RAM is the problem though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom