New computer - same XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking, there is a way you can start a repair install without having to have a Windows XP CD, it uninstalls SP2, and then starts the installation process over again, but it doesn't lose any of the programs you have on the HDD. Would it be possible to start the installation then, take out the HDD move it to another computer, boot up and start the installation? But, I think you have to boot up the computer into Windows, before you start the installation.

talldude123 said:
You can use any XP disc, but it has to be two things:

Your own license key and the same version of disc that your license key is for (IE Home, Pro, or Media)

Ok, so what keyword would I search for on ebay to find the disk, or is that just the normal full priced install disk?

Do you happen to know the number of digits in that license key?And if it's not on the case, is there some way to find it in XP?

I'm going from a p3 system to an am2 dual core job. Is there even a remote chance the hardware change will let me boot? I'll probably wind up having to pay for a new OS in the end... :( :angry:

You could need to find a new serial key, or CD with a serial.

Keywords: Windows XP license, or Windows XP CD with license

You can do the bidding game and probably get XP for $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom