Motherboard Plate (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey i was going to install my new motherboard but there are extra peaces of metal on the plate what am i supposed to do with them. do i bend them back so they support the top of the mobo or what? here are some pics.

Mini ps2 slot:
minips2sl2.jpg

Ethernet slots:
ethernetee1.jpg

I would remove the one on the PS2 port as it will get in the way, as for the Ethernet ports i'm not sure, cause i've never seen those things before. Someone else should know about that part

I have bent them inward slightly then eased them onto the port tops. The end result is a small tab placing a minute amount of pressure on the top of the ports. I just assumed that was what they were for. They don't look like production tabs (like plastic models), so I doubt they are left ver from the moulding process.

Just guessing.

I just noticed the smaller tabs and remembered that I left them on, and I do not have any issues with plugging peripherals in. Again, slight pressure against the face of the port.

ok i bent them backward and they are now putting preasure down on the ports thanx.

i believe they are there for extra support... i could be wrong... all i know is almost all of the new plates that i get at my job have those...

-kidwell28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom