Disk is full!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I got 5 partition on my 250GB hardrive, one for Windows XP (20GB, NTFS), one for my Downloads (190GB, FAT32), one for my Documents (2GB, FAT32), one for Linux (20GB EXT2), one for Linux Swap (2GB, Swap). But the problem when I'm on Windows XP, and I try to put something big into my FAT32 partition (like about 4GB) then it tells me that my disk is full! Is it because I can't put big files in my FAT32 partition?

Thanks!

Hello,

...It's because there isn't enough space to store all that 4GB of data in that specific partition.

If you transfer a folder containing 4GB worth of files, into a partition which doesn't have enough free space to accomodate the data, then the OS will transfer as much of those files in that folder as possible, until the partition becomes full.

...If you transfer one file that is 4GB however, and there isn't enough space in that partition to accomodate that file, then you'll be informed that there is not enough space.

It may be because of the file system he is using. A 4 GB file is the MAX amount allowed, so when you say "about", I'm assuming its a little over 4GB. It wont work then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom