to build or not to build thats the q

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheky

Baseband Member
Hello from Greece again everyone! It's been a while since i've last posted. Good to still see most of you all still here!

OK, so. my friend recently got a job at Plasio (the equivalent of Best Buy in Greece) and he gets a whopping 20% discount on everything in the store! So I figured now would be the perfect time to start my new build. But before I do I have a situation and a question.

Situation:
I'm leaving for the Greek army in 17 days but I'm going to be there for only 3 months. My friend will have quit the job to go back to school by the time I get out. Should I build now with the discount or 3 months later when prices may have dropped lower?

Question:
Personally I think the 20% discount is a better deal than the chance of a price drop in 3 months. However, I do my homework and I know that w/ dx10 coming out and the next-gen cards ETA the end of this year, I figure I'll wait on the vid card or get like a 6600. Now. As for Mobo's and CPU's. Should I buy those two now (along with ram that doesnt really change and HD and stuff like that) or is there any proof of perhaps a new type of processor like an X4 ;) or a better economized socket than the 939.

Please get back to me with your knowledge! Thanks!!!!:D :D

I'd say wait... you never know what your going to be doing after your training... you might not have a lot of time, or on duty a lot, excercises, training, etc... Going into the military is life changing, your way of thinking may be completely different when you get back... So might your wallet... :D then you can REALLY build!

i wouldnt risk it. i think a 20 percent discount is a pretty good deal, even if the prices do drop on some components.. you wont have the 20 percent discount and wont be saving any money.

but anyways, you live in greece? thats really cool. but what exactly does the greece army do? are they involved in any government affairs recently?

well, I've thought about it some more, thank you for both of your opinions. Now originally I was going to get a 4200+ X2, but considering that I'll be away for the army for 3 months and the conroe will probably be readily available for me in Greece by mid Nov (along with the 8800 in early 2007). I think i'm going to wait it out.

But I still need to purchase a case PSU HD dvd-rom (dual layer) sound card and memory, comments? suggestions?

Will you shop at your friend's work? if so what kind of parts do they have... What kind of selection do they have I mean? and what kind of budget are you talking about? that can help... do you have an online site that we can use to post links to help? or can we use newegg and you go from there? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom