Shortcuts losing associations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrymnvette

In Runtime
I have this Dell that is losing it's association to a shortcut that is on our file server. I have to redo it every 3-4 days. When the lady clicks on it instead of going to the file on the server it will go directly to c:/dell. Why does it keep doing this? I've searched and can't find anything.

Thanks,
Andy

So, why would it only do it to this one folder on the server? I've got prob 20+ people accesing the same drive on the server at any given time.

Ive seen this before but dont know the answer. I have users that have their my documents folder pointed to the users H drive which is the network backup that all the users use. Sometimes when I look at the properties, its back to C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents

This happens often to me and cant figure it out so I usually have to move them back to the H drive every so often

Sounds like the same problem. Sucks b/c this lady is completely clueless and won't close her mouth long enough for me to teach her how to do it. Hopefully one of us will get it figured out.

IT Systems Admin. Basically I'm the admin for all our database, Dist Software and any other programs that we run. Along with the repair tech and new install tech. Small company of about 50 employees. www.nationalsalesco.com <--temp site. My ecommerce site will be up in a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom