Computer overheating???

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the PSU?? I have the side off right now, and it sounds like everything's working.

Oh, yeah. I can see that fan working, and I can see my case(??) cooling fan working below it as well. My case fan has a cool little hood which blows the air onto the heat sinks over the processor. Or does it suck the air out?

So do you think it's my graphics card causing all this grief?? Would it make my computer act like it's dying sometimes? Last time it died on me, I had music going, and the screen shut off, and the music kept going. But then about 30 seconds later, the music started skipping like something was wrong.

Eh eh??

So do you think this is the problem?? If so, I'm gonna try and update my motherboard to one with PCI express and buy a new g-card.

I've had this computer for a couple years now, so I'm pretty sure I got no warranty. How do I tell which one is overheating and what to replace? I just want to play my games again... :(

Well, my buddy seems to be having the same problem. He keeps describing things excactly the same as you, Black Screens, Sleep Mode, Video Card Fan Not Spinning.

He said when he turns his on from being cooled down (sitting off for more than 10 mins or so), a small amount of display shows up, but very scrambled (pixels missing / moved / etc.).

Is there any easy way to determine whether the whole video card is shot, or rather we just need to order him a new heatsink / fan for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom