Tweak speaker settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
ok, i found 4 old speakers in my basement, and decided to make my closet into a computer room with extreme surround sound. I got my stereo system as well, and made myself a nice little 4.0 setup. (i only found one stereo in my basement, so the front channel has 4 speakers, and the back has the other 2). I bought a sound blaster audigy, and it sounded great.

However, i then noticed my two old desktop speakers, and they still worked great. So, i decided to make a 6.0 setup. However, my closet is really long, and there was no place in the back for a speaker. So, to make a long troubleshoot short, i soldered the lefft speaker wire to an extremely long audio cord and taped the speaker (using monstrous amounts of duct tape) to the wall above the doorframe.

I got it all hooked up, with those 2 new speakers being front center and rear center. I booted up and... ****** BACKWARDS!!!!! :mad: The rear center is in the front center spot and vice versa. I was wondering if there was any way to tweak the settings so that you could switch the speaker assignments. Basically, i need to switch the left and right output on only one of three output channels. (im usin the fourth for a mike)

Please tell me anything you know, even if its probably not true or if its risky, i cant switch the speakers because i cant solder the 2-channel output cord to make it longer, and it would kill the wal to rip off all that tape. Thanx.

yeah i've tried to solder speaker wire, but i believe you loose the magnetic shielding when you do so that might be why....

no, the solder is fine. ist just that the speaker in the back had one plug, and that was to the other speaker. All the soldering did was to extend that. It works, but its in the back, and its supposed to be in the front. However, I cant switch them because i would have to extend the power cable (doable, but inconvenient), and also that headphone jack thing that hooks up to my sound card, and that has four channels coming off of it, and i only get one chance because it is wired directly into the speaker, and i would screw all those small thin wirres pu somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom