windows problems on a athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsize323

Beta member
Hi i just upgraded my system to a athlon 64 3500+. I installed windows and everything works great. Except, explorer.exe is consistently taking up large amounts of cpu and memory resources. Is this because im running Windows XP Pro on a 64? If so, is it worth the money to upgrade to Windows XP Pro 64bit?

Sound like a software related issue, I am not sure of what service pack you are running or any of the other software that you may have running behind the scene. If I were you I would just make sure that have a decent installation of windows and then work from there with the software that I have.

I personally suggest just running some of the standard windows tools to see if they eliminate some of that problem.

1: Updating, and making sure that you have all of the proper drivers for your hardware

2: Running the windows disk error checking program

3: Finally deframenting your drive. I suggest that you use a 3rd party client like O&O Defrag.

Hopefully those suggestions will be able to help you out. Get back to me and let me know the results.

Hey i ran that program and majorly defragged both of my hard drives. Everything seems to be snapping and working fine now.

Thanks alot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom