My new Opteron 170!

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh i know, my ram was acting pretty gay. it would only run at a 1/2 divider. (crappy kingston).

and look, it was under these voltages for a total of 1 minute. NO PERMANENT DAMAGE WAS DONE, SO STOP SAYING "OMG YOUR GONNA FRY THE CHIP".

no maybe if i ran this 24/7 but not for 1 minute.

Nice scores, that impressive for a dual core on air. Its recommended that you not go above 1.6v but if your temps were fine anyways dont worry about it. Its your chip, do what you want with it. ;) I had mine at 1.7 on accident one time - lol, got me over 3ghz. :D

Done any other benchies yet? :D

Dude, let me get this right......... You had a X2 4400+, and then bought a Opteron 170 to PLAY with? You must have too much money, or seriously rich parents. As for buying that CPU from......not a chance in ****! How do you know there was no permanent damage? In general, not a good idea to advertise that you had it running at 1.77V, and then selling it straight afterwards! But that's just me! :D

Blah Blah Blah. I know the was no permanent damage because the temps never went above 50C. Anyways no I will be getting some 3d benches out today. And Magouster I do not want to have this argument again but I do what I want to do with my money.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't starting an argument! All I'm saying is that I've heard of guys damaging CPU with high voltages while using phase change cooling, where the CPU never goes above -20C. And I apologise if I offended your judgement in money-spending.

I understand its just that whenever I said I was buying a 7900GTX to upgrade from my 7800GTX, you would have thought that I had commited a sin.

Anyways Im starting to collect my parts for my watercooling. I got my D5 and Tygon tubing yesterday. My case (U2-UFO) and CPU waterblock (Storm) come in later this week. Then I have to send my 7900GTX off to get the TEC installed. Then I need to pick up a Thermochill 120.3 and reservoir, then im done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom