System Restor on Non Win Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I've been using windows for awhile now and never had system restor on, but latley i've gotten sick of tired of how easy it is to stuff windows up so i have system restor on for all 3 of my drives.

But i don't see the point of having system restor on for a drive that i only use for file storage? is there any point?

Thanx!

I turn mine off to save space but for many home users its good with all the things they do but also viruses and spyware can disable it or infect it, etc so it can be good or bad

well, if you turn it off of the other drives, you will not be able to restore. for example: if you delete a file and then later realize that you need it, you could restore your comp and get the file back. so if restore is turned off, you would not be able to do that

so microsoft restor will also restore deleted files, on slave drives if restored?

I thought once a file is overwritten i can never be recovered.

Space is not an issue for me at the moment so i guess i will leave monitoring on for all 3 drives.

Sprooty said:
so microsoft restor will also restore deleted files, on slave drives if restored?

yes

Sprooty said:
I thought once a file is overwritten i can never be recovered.

it is, but the reason that system restore takes up so much space is becasue it archives the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom