Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Building a new gaming computer

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
visionRAY
True Techie

The video card is a great choice, but I personally recommend the 7900GT KO, rather than the CO. They are almost identical, but the KO has a better heatsink. I think they are the same price right now actually.

I also have those speakers and that same processor. Logitech's are really nice, I like them a lot, and so are their mice (mouses?). The 3700+ is also a good choice, but if you can, go with a 3800 X2. It's just a bit more power that will go further. There's nothing wrong with the 3700 though, so if you still want it--that's fine.

The RAM is probably fine the way it is, I usually go with Corsair, but I've heard that brand is good, too. The case, however, I do not like. I agree with vader that the Antec is a better solution. For the HD, I always go with Seagate.

Also, I haven't seen that keyboard before, but it looks sort of cheap to me. A nice Logitech is usually worth it in my honest opinion; I have a wireless one right now that came with a mouse (which I didn't like--replaced with a G5).

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.