RAM latency

Status
Not open for further replies.

[SF]MKM

In Runtime
is the latency like 2-2-2-5 the only thing you should look for when buying fast RAM for gaming and do you want all of the numbers to be as low as possible? so a PC3200 2-2-2-5 is faster than a PC4400 3-4-3-6?
by the way what RAM would you recommend for gaming with an athlon and a DFI mobo without overclocking but with 2x1024 dual setup?

well that isn't always true, you want timings to be as low as they can get, ...but as the pc numbers go up, the latency timings will too.

i don't really think that was very clear though. :(

yes, I've noticed that PC4000 don't have as low timings as the PC3200 but the higher PC, the higher is the Mhz so what i'm asking is if the timings are the only thing to look for or can a higher Mhz module be as good as a PC3200 one while having higher timings, else what the **** is the point of making PC4400,s and inventing even higher?

honestly i don't know, the first thing you have to find out is what is the highest pc your mobo can handle.

and pretty much it's the lowest timinings you can find. 2-2-2-5 is a really good time for pc3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom