Dual Core Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanda317

Solid State Member
I have a dual core processor and am looking to play World of Warcraft on it. Ive been reading that there are problems with WoW and the AMD dual core chips. Have any of you guys expirienced these problems and how can you fix them? Do i just need to wait till Blizzard fixes it in a patch or what?

Frankly, I'm surprised to hear that DC CPU's are an issue with any current game. The primary for games is the Video card GPU. Dual core or single core CPU's shouldn't be an issue.

yeah, i really dont know where u heard that, maybe some n00b was complaining, where in reality it was his Ram or GPU.

the operating system should do that automatically for non SMP applications .... wtf were they thinking?

thanks guys, i heard some guys b*tching on the WoW forums about dual core amd processors and some glitches in game play. I was suprised to here that as well so i wanted to check here. Btw why would you ever want to make a game use single core instead of dual core?

me too :)

doom3 on one, 2 dvds ripping/shrinking on the other

works great

i cant imagine playing doom3 on the same processor as ripping and shrinking 2 dvds at the same time.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom