Ddr 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, its wrong.

ddr400 is running at 200MHz clock speed, the DDR is dual data rate, hence 2 instructions at 200MHZ makes it equivlent to 400MhZ.

Bandwidth of DDR400 is PC3200. DDR-SDRAM is 64bit, so hence 400MHz * (64/8)bytes = 3200MB/s

Dual DDR doubles this bandwidth, to 6400MB/s, effectively the same as saying the speed is now 800MHz.

I don't think so, You are adding one extra step. Its 100mhz x 2 per cycle = 200 mhz in dual channel its 400mhz effectively. See I told you alot of people get this mixed up. lol

With data being transferred 8 bytes at a time DDR RAM gives a transfer rate of (memory bus clock rate) × 2 (for dual rate) × 8 (number of bytes transferred). Thus with a bus frequency of 100 MHz, DDR-SDRAM gives a max transfer rate of 1600 MB/s.

WikiPedia - DDR SDRAM

not sure if all of what alsyed is right, but i know flashdude is wrong.. lol

oh and i think ddr means double data rate not dual data rate...

aliasaid said:
not sure if all of what alsyed is right, but i know flashdude is wrong.. lol

oh and i think ddr means double data rate not dual data rate...

I agree, good first impression flash you bone head!! lol

yes my error - the first d in ddr is double not dual. I mixed up the terms, not often do i do that haha

dual- ddr400 has an effective bandwidth of 6400MB/s. While still running at the 200MHz FSB speed. However, it is still 64bit buswidth, so hence - the equivalent speed you are talking about is 800MHz, ie 4 times the original fsb. 100Mhz is relevant when you are talking about the older memory chips that run at 100MHz, not 200MHZ.

i'm pretty sure he doesn't give a flying eff about that stuff.

but yeah, my dad mixed ram and it nearly fried his computer. he started getting the blue screen of death and bs like that so i told him to let me go out and get him new ram. so i did and shazzam....problem fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom