Burner issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvioniX

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have a weird problem with by DVD burner. Once in a while my burner jammed during the burning process. It seem to be a software issue, but I don't understand if its normal. What happen is that when I try to burn either CD or DVD, the process will stop in the middle and nothing happen. It doesn't happen all the time, usually when it happen I simply throw the cd away and try an other one. It's been doing that since the beginning I think. I tried different burning software and they all do that (some more than others it seem) and I also format my computer not long ago and it still happen.

For the ones who wish to know what I have, its a LG CD-RW / DVD-RW burner. The description in the device manager if it can be useful is: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B SCSI CdRom Device. Also, I don't use low brand cds, I had Memorex and now I got some Fujifilm and it doesn't make a difference.

If anyone have an idea of what can be, it will be appreciate. Its not a major issue, but I'm tired to throw CDs away because of that.

Thank you!

It might also have to do with what you are burning, like copying cd's with copy write protection, could cause that same thing. If you are copying dvd's. Try using Nero.

I just updated the driver. I havent burn anything since, so I don't know if it work. I tried using a lot of program (including Nero) and I don't think thats the problem. And as far as what I copy, it did that to me while copying data CDs, so I don't think thats the issue neither.

I cannot remember what error message I get when it happen. Usually it stop burning (the light turn off) and the program try to run it for a bit then it crash and give me an error message that can vary depending of the program. I think the Buffer is somewhat involve with that though.

I'll post for future reference if the driver worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom