Vid card issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a problem with my old computer, and my gf's computer. Everything turns on, but the HD doesn't seem 'click over' like when i turn my computer on now, you can hear the HD start up, then the RPMs drop, but with my old computer and my gf's you dont hear this drop.

There is no video (bios doesnt boot up on the monitor). With my old computer, I had onboard video so I switched to that and it worked fine. I don't know if the vid cards are fried or what (put my gf's computer together with spare parts). When I replaced the vid card in my old computer it worked fine, so I assume it's something with the video card.

Also, did you get your parts from newegg? or a retail store? It is possible that it was DOA (dead on arrival)

do you hear your hdd start up? cause it really sounds like the head might be jammed or something and is not reaching the "boot area" or w/e its called... i forget... the inside ring

i would also check your hdd and vga (if you can) in another computer before sending it back DOA

I have many experiances with computers failing to start... usually its ur mobo.... make sure that the mobo works (try using it in a friends comp)

I dont think your problem has anything to do with the video card, but u should plug in all cords cause if u dont it will cause a fuzzy grey screen to popup on your screen and will make a loud screeeeeching sound....
If that happens to u... u will know exactly whats wrong ;)

And like tommy said make sure to check all of your equipment on another comp. before u go thru the long DOA process.... sigh...

Good luck.
U WILL NEED IT lol :)

tommyboy123x said:
do you hear your hdd start up? cause it really sounds like the head might be jammed or something and is not reaching the "boot area" or w/e its called... i forget... the inside ring

i would also check your hdd and vga (if you can) in another computer before sending it back DOA

0 sector?

My HD's work fine (The one in my old computer is the one that's in my computer at this moment).

I hear my hdd click one time and thats it. Its plugged in the sata plug way across the mobo, away from the four that are close togeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom