whats the best cpu for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
im completely with ulater go celeron lol but seriously i wouldn't blow 1k on a cpu go with the opteron 165 and OC the living crap out of it

hmm, well, i dont mind spending the 1k on the cpu, if its guna be enuff for gaming for a while. i looked into the Opterons too, i may get one, but il have to look into it more. Im ordering the stuff this friday.

I realy wouldnt mind spending all 12grand i got on the comp, but, my parents think its compleetly unreasonable, as do most of you im sure.

EDIT: Also, whats a good ram to go with it? I have the OCZ on my build plans for now, but in that post, some1 told me to get better ram. I dont know much beyond the timings on ram, so i dont know how to judge how well it will over clock. And, neway, with the build on my post, its only 3000 bucks. The more i save tho, the more money i can spend on my other baby(300 mag. sooooo nice....

i know what im about to say could be considered a crime here, but think about spending only 2 grand and getting a car with the other 10 :) because 2 grand is still enough for a sweet computer thatll last at least 3 years

well, i have a car, its only got like like... 95k miles on it, and gets 38mpg (stick) so im fine with that, basicly, any money not going to the comp will go to the gun... so.

When will people learn that dual core doesn't mean you have 2 x 2.6ghz chips.

they'll probably learn that on the day up becomes down. last i checked the definition of a dual core at 2.6ghz is 2 cores at 2.6ghz, thats no surprise. don't argue because i know the specs. each core is a san diego core identical to that of the FX-57. therefore an FX-60 at 2.7ghz is equal to 2 FX-57 cores. and the FX-57 is 2.7ghz not 2.8ghz

But yea,, dual core means 2 individual cores on one die, they have there own cache also. so technically the fx57 out of the box is the best cpu for gaming... but buy an fx60 for a little bit more and OC it by 200 mhz and it gives you 2 of the best gaming cpus on the market.. yea yea a lot of people say that dual cores will never match single core. It is more future proof. I just hope that it wont be out of date by the time games are made to take advantage of 2 multi processors

but it still helps just in a less noticable way one of the cores handles all the background programs running and the other is solely dedicated to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom