big water se?

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you read this?

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60260&pagenumber=1

Most common setup that a majority of people have including myself that's very effective is:

D5 pump
TDX Cpu block
Clearflex tubing (Tygon is more expensive and is considered 'the best' but clearflex will be just fine unless you just REALLY must have tygon)
If I were you, I'd simply spend $25 on a heatercore and mod it yourself. Here are some instructions:

http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=228

Note what it says at the bottom of the sticky I first linked you to though...that modding page uses a different heatercore. The 1977 bonneville heatercore model 2-302 is the best. It's super easy to mod yourself too. There are more 'advanced' ways of modding it, but you dont have to get crazy to make a real nice effective heatercore.

You can see my heatercore at the top:

Sooo basically it's

Pump - $75
CPU Block - $50
Heatercore - approx $25-$35 after modding it, may cost you a couple bucks for modding.

That's $150-ish right there....after you add tubing you'll be a little over $160 and you can save some cash and room in your computer by simply getting a T-line. If you dont know what that is, simply go to dangerden.com and look for their t-lines under tubing & accessories and you'll see what it is. You can see mine in the picture....it's where it "T"s off, literally, hence the name. And theres a thing called a fillport at the top made for easy filling.

All in all you'd be closer to $175 actually, but it's still good considering it's awesome performance. I got a GPU block as well so that's another $50 but other than that, I have everything I just listed to you.

that is what really annoys me, that kit would be close to £175 in the UK. In my next full build I feel like going over to the US for a holiday and have the kit delivered to where I am staying.

I put together one for that spec in the UK: Danger Den D5-12Volt Pump 49.99 49.99
1/2 TDX AMD Lucite Top 36.49 36.49
Danger Den 1/2" ID Hose (per ft) 1.59 3.18
ThermoChill HE120.1 43.02 43.02
Cape Coolplex 25cm Reservoir 21.99 21.99
1/2" Tail to 1/4" Parallel Thread 0.00 0.00
All prices are in UK Pounds Sterling Subtotal 154.67
Delivery 12.99
TOTAL 167.66

I don't understand what you're saying. You put one together at dangerden.com and it's giving a total of $167 USD price, and you say close to $175 (dont know how to do the pounds symbol) over in UK after quoting mine?

What's $167 to UK pounds?

Sorry, thats a UK site I did that on. That is £167, and that in US dollaras is $288.

Out of curiosity, if I brought 1/2" tubing and the 1/4" to 1/2" barbs will there be any problems with that? I'm tempted to slowly upgrade the WC.

oh wow, I didn't realize there was such an insane price difference.

So $175 here would be about $100 pounds.

And for your next question, no....you don't want to slowly upgrade. For one that bigwater pump is extremely weak and wouldn't even be able to handle 1/2" tubing. Beyond that, you wouldn't want to mix tubing like that, you'd just be causing more issues.

do u think that 77 bonnevile heatercore would fit in my aspire xplorer case with 2 of the 5.25 drive bays taken up?

the chevette core seems a bit smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom