Prime95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
Okay, im trying to get the most out of my CPU and iv been told Prime95 is the way to go to make sure its stable, all night. I want to make sure im doing it all right.

First should i run the Torture Test?

And if so do i run the

Small FFTs

In-place Large FFTs

Blend

Or use a custom?

And how many hours would let me know if its stable, i know everyone says as long as i can go but, whats the least that will tell me what i need to know?

Im running a AMD 64 3200+ (Venice) OC'ed at 2.5ghz, 1.41 Volts

what would be to high of a temp, i idle at around 27-30 *C

Thanks!

for testing the CPU run the one with maxmum heat, power consumption. For test RAM or everything, run the one that says lots of RAM is tested.

at least 8 hours prime stable is good

Its on 5 1/2 hours now, hasent broke 40*c and all tests so far have passed, im excited. i wonder what i can push this cpu up to! :)

If you want to use an even more intense test than Prime95, get S&M. Just search google for "S&M cpu"

Hapx4.0 said:
Its on 5 1/2 hours now, hasent broke 40*c and all tests so far have passed, im excited. i wonder what i can push this cpu up to! :)

If your really lucky you can probably hit 2.8-3.0GHz but I'd keep it anywhere in between 2.4 and 2.6GHz.

If you type "S&M cpu", it's literally the first result. Here is the link:
http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_cpu.html
There are a lot of programs on this page, just scroll down till you see S&M, or just press Ctrl+F and type S&M. It fully supports dual core CPU's, you don't have to run it twice to load both cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom