my laptop overheats!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam amd.64

In Runtime
what can i do, my laptop overheats and shuts down when i run a lengthy programme, so i decided to take it outside where it is pretty cold and its running fine, i am monitering the temps using speed fan,what can i do, how do i know what is triggering it? what can be causing it to overheat? its only just started to do it over the last month, after having it from new for a year? what could have become the problem, Thanks for any help!!!

if you are not using it for anything more intense than before then the likely culprits are a) dust b) dying fans c) degraded thermal past on the cpu HSF. if you know what you are doing crack the case open (not literally) blow out any dust with some canned air, check the fans and then replace the thermal compound on the HSF with some AS5

not sure how to change the paste! but there is a bit of dust aromd the inside havnt cleaned it since ive had it! could this cause it, is a hoover to strong

ive got a decent set of lungs, have to get hold of some canned air, what areas would need cleaning? cheers for the help, appreciate it!

was covered, especially round the fan and inlet and outlet, fixed the problem though amazing how the dust can do that, thanks for all the help!!!!!!!! really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom