Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Application "Not Responding"

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dash
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Techguru75
When was the last time you did maintenance on your PC? Try defraging your hard drive and your registry. Also, Google a free registry cleaner and adware cleaner. Sounds like you just got some performance issues that should be easy to clear up. Your system specs indicate you shouldn't have a lack of resources for performing these simple operations.

EDIT: I currently run what would be considered a powerful PC, at least I like to think so (see sig). I can play an online game, burn DVD's, check email, download mp3s from ITunes (spend too much money there), and voice chat all at the same time with no problems.

Wow! That's cool!
Didn't know that one could do so many such things all at the same time. With your current system can it also records TV program, records internet-based home CCTV surveillance, stream video/mp3 to hifi system and runs scheduled backup (to an external hard disk) SIMULTANEOUSLY? Will be great if it can cos I hope to set up such a system for my next upgrade.

I must admit that lately I've been slack on maintenance work on my pc. Think that's probably why the problem is happening more frequent now.

BTW, any idea whether the WinDoctor component inside Norton SystemWork suite cleans up Windows Registry? If not can you recommend a good one to me. For adware I use Ad-Aware and Spybot and I believe should be ok, right?
Thanks!

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.