Holy crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
screw that! thats not advancing technology! i dont wanna have to buy 2 of something for "double" performance just cos they cant evolve GPU architecture. its not advancing technology! we might as well have 2 computers running together in parallel. i just want my awesome Single solution and thatll suit me rightly.
EXACTLY what I was predicting back when SLI first resurfaced with a big company like nvidia backing it and it seems that starting to happen...who's to say SLI will stop at two cards? What's stopping them from completely stopping single GPU advancement and simply forcing you to buy multiple cards to link in parrarel...we're at 8 right now...how would you feel about adding 16 cards? 32? 64? There has to be a limit somewhere...SLI breaks that limit and stomps all over it

gaara said:
EXACTLY what I was predicting back when SLI first resurfaced with a big company like nvidia backing it and it seems that starting to happen...who's to say SLI will stop at two cards? What's stopping them from completely stopping single GPU advancement and simply forcing you to buy multiple cards to link in parrarel...we're at 8 right now...how would you feel about adding 16 cards? 32? 64? There has to be a limit somewhere...SLI breaks that limit and stomps all over it

An especially the price ratio for performance, complete crap.

I think SLI is only good when it's used in a fashion similar to RAID 0.

(2) Seagate Barracuda's 250G = $210 for 500G Performance / Price
(1) Seagate Barracuda 500G = $330 for 500G

(2) eVGA 7800GT's 256 = $610 Performance / Price
(1) BFG 7800 GTX 512MB = $750

It's smart to buy the best Price / Performance and not just go for uber bragging rights....

You tell me - $820 (Better Performance) or $1080

This news makes me sad on the inside. :(

We're not moving forward this is jsut going sideways and building up more and more cards. nVidia had no reason to move forward other than to please users, I mean they get to sell more cards! :confused:

ESIFL said:
This news makes me sad on the inside. :(

We're not moving forward this is jsut going sideways and building up more and more cards. nVidia had no reason to move forward other than to please users, I mean they get to sell more cards! :confused:

What if you have $620 to spend on a video card, but the new G71's are $800? Darn you can't get a G71. What about a 7800GTX? Well, for $450 it's not going to perform as well as the G71's.

BUT WAIT... Take that $620 and buy (2) 7800GT's @$620 in SLI and now you have an equal or better performing solution then that brand new G71 card that you just can't afford...

Yes? No? May-be?

Maybe, SLi can be useful in a situation like you described.
But the point I was making was that, nVidia need not develop new cards when they can sell 4 of the same GPU to one person. Ya know? :confused:

I was thinking from more of an evil coporation marketing scheme standpoint.

havok does make a good point, i can say ive been in situations like that, but i wish when you use SLI you can get more performance than 40% it would make more sense

Don't worry about the sideways movement we are seeing in video cards, we will see more advancements very soon.

Ya I plan to go for an SLI setup with a 7800GT after a few months of owning a single 7800GT when I build in June. Ya im tight on money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom