SLI/Crossfire: The cold hard truth

Which case is the best all around case?

• Cooler Master Centurion 5 case w/ window.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZXT Trinity case.

• Antec super lanboy

• My case is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 256MB 7800 GTX performs roughly the same as the X1800
but the 256MB 7800 GTX wasn't the best Nvidia could have done. they put it out deliberatelky for ATI to compete with, so they would pull out the better card (the 512MB 7800 GTX) rigfht after ATI's release

apokalipse said:
but the 256MB 7800 GTX wasn't the best Nvidia could have done. they put it out deliberatelky for ATI to compete with, so they would pull out the better card (the 512MB 7800 GTX) rigfht after ATI's release
man nVidia are geniuses, they have the experience from when they wiped out 3dfx

IMO SLI was just a stunt to hold the attention of the public until Nvidia could get their 7800 cards out the door. The bad part is it suceeded brilliantly, not with performance, but with sales. A lot of people got hooked with the whole "2 is better than 1" thing. I used to think this was just a fad. Sadly, i now believe that SLI and Crossfire are here to stay

apokalipse said:

Agreed 100 %, Nvidia caught ati, Hook Line and Sinker..

so u dont think itd be really worth it to sli?
i sorta wanna do it but dont want to spend for not big increase

My Computer is 6 years old and I am in the process of picking out parts for a new one. Wouldn't SLI or Crossfire be good for someone that doesn't plan on buying a new Computer again for a while? Wouldn't this dual-chip design help in keeping a computer up to date for a long while better than if it wasn't?

Yeah i need the same info. I read many things about crossfire and SLI and there seems to be an equal amount saying good/bad. The things I seemed to have picked up are that crossfire/SLI makes the cards work at 95% of there potential due to the cards working together and that the PCI-E is limited to 8x. I think that crossfire/SLI will be good to get a motherboard that supports it now and see what happens to it in the future and get a second card to add more power to your system when you need it. I think the more powerful cards you get the limitations due to the PCI-E 8x are more doment soooooo if you get 2 cheapy cards it should be worth it quite a bit but if you get summin like 2 7800GTs then the cards would be limited quite a bit. So up to a certain point its worth it.
Hope I could help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom