annoying beep sound when I boot my PC and Laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,

My PC has always made that annoying beep sound when I boot...(a couple of seconds after turning the copmuter on)
(I dont remember it not making that sound...but if you look at my sig, youll see that my desktop is like a 100 years old!! so it might be possible that it did not make that sound before..but I dont remeber that!)

Anyway, recently, my laptop has been making that sound also...and i dont know why...someone told me that it could be somethign with the bios or so...can it be? if yes, how can I fix it??

thanx

Try to identify how many long and short beep. Google to find error beep code from AMI Bios. It could be something minor, but it is better to make sure. Good luck.

If it is one beep it is a good beep......once the Power on Self Test of the bios has completed (POST) you get one beep from the internal speaker. This just tells you all your basic hardware is Aokay!!!!! Apparently, in the past, you were not paying attentin, because it should always beep if the internal speaker is funcitoning!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom