Help with Computer Build! (newb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video card is a great choice and you will have absolutely no trouble playing WoW. As for CoD2 keep in mind that it is a hardware demanding game and you might have to play it on lower settings.

Trust us, Phate, there is no way you should spend your cash on that RAM! It will give you headaches. I didn't notice a power supply unit. Don't go cheap here, either! It is the backbone of every PC. You need at least 30A on your 12v. rails for a gaming rig.

I don't know enough about HP monitors. Again, Staic_11's suggestion is a much better use of your money. I like Timmer's suggestion for a motherboard better. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

thanks a lot guy, btw Goodnews, could u reccomend a good PS? i have one... but it is cheap. any ideas?

also, looking at the pics of my case and the stats, it says it comes with 2 80mm fans, one for side and one for top, but on the back there is the place for hte Power Supply fan, and then a huge fan slot, so i assume i will need to buy a fan for that slot. any ideas what size? i know it isnt 80mm, just seems way to big for that, is it 92mm or 120mm?

ok, i have now discovered that though the case comes with 2 80mm fans, it has spots for 6 80mm fans total, according to some sites... wha t i dont get it that there are 2 on the front near the drive bays, one on side, one on top, and then theres a BIG hole that SEEMS to be for a 120mm fan, but i guess you put 2 80s in there?

any perspective on this?

ok, i read the full reviews on newegg, and one person finally mentioned that i comes with a top and side 80mm, and for THIS case there are two side-by-side slots in front for 80mm fans, and there is a 120mm slot in back.

so, what fans are good? im looking for 2 80mm (for front) and a 120mm (for back) also, would it be better to have the top being and intake fan, along with all the others, and then only the 120 being exhaust, or should i have all except the TOP fan b intake and that b exhaust, since heat rises, and id put a really high RPM fan in there or something, to make it worhtwile

so whats better?

top exhaust or back exhaust, assuming all others r intake

also if you have a better idea, let me know!

thanks for everything,
Phate

what about these for fans? im thinking of replacing the 2 that come with the case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835150053

also, these go for $20.85(USD) for 15 of them, with free shipping :)

so i might as well just order xtras to replace things, maybe mod a couple more in to the case once i get better or something..

but what do you think? ill add a 120mm fan once i find one

and maybe this for the 120mm?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835150052

also, im not sure what kind of things these fans plug in to, so will all these components still work on my Motherboard? i have decided to go with the one the previous person mentioned (forgot name) so will everything i got plug in and work with that motherboard?

i just dont want to order like $1000 worth of stuff just to find out i cant use some of it because its incompatible :)

also, i think i should get a fan controller because im only gonna have one 5 1/2" drive, the cd drive, so what kind of fan controller should i get? i have five fans, one 120mm and four 80mm.

again, thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom