Problems w/ laptop power .. Please help !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

homosapiens85

Beta member
Hi everyone,
I have an averatec 3250HX notebook. I have owned it for a little bit over a year.
For last couple of month, I have been having some problems with it.
The powercords fits loosely in the jack. Initially I thought it was nothing big, and i jiggled the power chord and little, and it would go back to normal. However, it gotten worse overtime. The number of times I had to agitate the chord kept increasing, and now the power chord also started getting hot. Eventually, it got over heated and the rubber on the pin/plug was burnt.
Someone from RadioShack suggested me that there might have been something wrong internally with the power adapter, so I should rather get a new adapter than merely change the plug/pin.
I ordered a new adapter from averatec. The new adaptor didn't have the problem at first. But soon enough, I started having the same problem. I had to agigate it frequently in order for it to work. And just yesterday, I smelled something burning while I was using the laptop. I shut it off instantly, but when i unplugged the powerchord from the laptop, I saw smoke coming out of the port/jack in the laptop. I have stopped using it since then.
Has anyone ever faced similar problem? Does anyone have any comments/suggestions?
I really love this laptop, and don't want to sell it just because of that.
Any comments are welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
~ Homosapiens

Sorry, I forgot to mention. Last night when I was using it (when something started burning all of the sudden), I wasn't using a surge protector.
I just thought that it might be useful piece of information for some reason.

Homosapiens

if there's been burning, it's likely the thing is toast.

motherboard or CPU.. try taking the bottom off and dusting it wtih compressed air perhaps.

Heating issue, perhaps. And agreed, it's likely fried already. Next time, if ever you turn it on again, listen to see if you can hear the fans. A few of them may have died, screwing you over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom