programs,electricity and pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulla

Baseband Member
hi,

I'm a university student majoring in computer science and in my last year (4th year). Even though my GPA is very good, I still feel like I haven't learned anything in the past 3 years.

I'm good at programming, but I'm sick of not knowing simple stuff about how computers work, and how electricity is used in them. Yeah, they gave us that stuff about bits and bytes and 0s and 1s but that doesn't really tell me how pcs work, it's all theoretical. I read the part about punched cards a million times trying to figure out how they work and why are they useful with computers, I still didn't understand them.

I'm trying to find out away to start learning about electricity and and digitizing and at the same time I'm trying to find something out about how programs are recorded on pc, something I can really feel not just read about in some book.

I might have come to the wrong place (I'm not sure) if I did then I apologize. I just though that I'd find a lot of members here who are experienced with computers and might have encountered something like this.

So if there's anyone who can direct me to do something useful, please don't hesitate, I'll listen to anything.

www.howstuffworks.com

I haven't browsed recently, but I always find neat stuff on there. The way I always took it is that everything in a hard drive is like magnetic... sortof. Like positive, negative. 1 is positive, 0 is negative. Or vice versa, no idea. What am I doing anyway...? I don't know anything you don't know.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom