amd, intel, or exeon board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimitri said:
Definitely go for AMD, their much cheaper for their quality... Probably a 64bit, they're fast as hell:)

What makes u say the 64 bits are fast as hell? I not sure what OS your running but no applications or OS support 64 bit yet, so the 64 bit application has nothing to do with the speed considering wre all running on 32 bit systems, go with intel.

I ahdnt really looked nothing up but talking out my ass. Id say the 64 bit is faster cause a 32 bit string would be smaller. Id figure to accumated 64 bits of info it would be wider and more pathway's leadign to the processor.Might not be 100 correct but id be intrested in a simple explain on it.
64's are faster but not like double or something fantastic like that.They also come with a huge price and that is almost double.
Whats intresting though is you got Supercomputer,.
Server's
Desktop.
64's are really just downgraded server chip's atleast the FX was.Guessing the Athlon 64 is a sibling.the search for bigger and better has broken the desktop/server barrier.You think they make a 128 bit to make server's sererate again will desktop's not follow.

BxSlipSk8718 said:
ok mokelizer you deeply mistaken IBM's OS/2 supports 64 bit and Windows xp longhorn supports it doochie

yeah, but neither of those have been released yet... doochie, longhorn wont be out until 2k5, the only OS so far the has been released that is 64-bit is a ver of winxp and a version of linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom