Do my RAM sticks have to be identical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, when I installed the new GB stick, a screen came up that said something along the lines of "Total RAM 1.25 GB To have dual channel RAM you will need 3 identical RAM sticks".

What does that mean? Should I just take out the 256 MB stick?

geez nubius. You're worse than an english grammer teacher. You got my drift, and I think everyone else who knows what I'm talking about did too. I just don't understand you dude... must be that primitive alpha-male thing.
only 2+ weeks late in replying...nice.

I was clearly making a couple things straight....if you take things like that so personally then you need to stop coming to such forums where you obviously feel inferior just from someone correcting you...If I had said "LISTEN UP DUMBASS" then maybe I could understand your frustration, but since I didn't you are just being ridiculous. Don't throw personal insults simply because I corrected you. That only shows your own 'primitiveness'....hmm must be that 15 year old child thing....

hmm, when I installed the new GB stick, a screen came up that said something along the lines of "Total RAM 1.25 GB To have dual channel RAM you will need 3 identical RAM sticks".

What does that mean? Should I just take out the 256 MB stick?
well if you want dual channel then you'd need two identicale 512mb sticks...OR you could achieve it in some cases if you had say, a 1gb stick and two identicle 512mb sticks for 2gb total.....or 2x256 + a 512mb in some boards will give you dual channel.

However you are trying to put in 1x1gb stick and a 256mb stick..that won't give you dual channel, but even if you take out the 256mb stick, since you said you have a single 1gb stick that still wont be dual channel

what if you have four slots on your mobo, and you have two sets of different ram (four 512MB total). For example, on the Lanparty board they have the ram slots color coated, two yellow and two orange. if you put one set in the yellow and one set in the orange will it be single channel or dueL??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom