hp workstation zx6000 localization/power kit

1.5GHz/6MB cache Intel® Itanium® 2 zx6000 1st processor

1.5GHz/6MB cache Intel® Itanium® 2 zx6000 2nd processor

24GB PC2100 DDR (12x2048)

Ultra 160 SCSI Adapter for Windows/Linux, 1-channel

146GB Ultra 320 SCSI Hot-Plug Hard Drive 10,000rpm - Carbon Carrier

ATI FireGL X1 high-end 3D graphics card (takes up 1 AGP and adjacent PCI slot)

HP L2025 20-inch carbon/silver flat panel monitor

1000BaseSX (Fibre) PCI LAN Adapter

Audio card, PCI-1xU, Audio, FM801

CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003 for zx2000/zx6000

Keyboard kit, USB, PC-104/105, Quartz, includes Windows
compliance USB keyboard and USB scroll mouse

Warranty - 1 year Next Business Day Onsite
24x7, 4-Hour Response On-Site Coverage - 3 years

and heres the price:

$63,561.99

bet that baby would fly in some online gaming, woohoo!

I believe you are just *slightly* biased against AMD.

In any event, I just heard that XP-64 bit was released today in a beta version and is good for 360 days. Not bad for a free O/S.

I was not referring to the Itanium. It's no good running any 32 bit applications. I was referring to the Prescott core. There is talk about implementing 64-bit capability in the Prescott.

And if I were you, I'd take my own advice and read up.
Oh, and I know it'll be difficult, but why don't you at least make an attempt to show some fair analysis.

i agree with guapo. and i have some things to say about some of your posts dethangel:

dethangel said:

1) the Intel chip is called the Itanium, it has been in development for a while, but its not going to be released (to buy separately) until longhorn comes out
there have been no official benchmark tests of the Itanium v the AMD 64, and if you can find one, id really like to see it

2) they are both the same speed (amd 64 3200 vs. amd xp 3200), only difference is the fact that the 64-bit can run 64-bit apps and address more memory, as far as speeds and cache go, they are the same

3) the extreme edition has 2MB of L2 cache as opposed to the normal edition's 512K

1) the itanium is a server/workstation proc only. it is not used in desktops. i dont think it even runs 32 bit, and if it does, not very well. you wont find any benchmark tests comparing the itanium and the amd 64 because theyre totally different procs. they arent competing against each other. you would be not the brightest person to try and use an itanium as a desktop proc.

2)the are not "the same except for the 64 bit can run 64 bit apps". the amd 64 3200 has twice the L2 cache of the xp. it can only address more memory in 64 bit mode. there are many other differences which make the amd64 far superior to the xp, such as an onboard memory controller and totally redesigned architechture.

3)the extreme edition has 2MB of L3 cache, not L2. p4ee's are also extemely expensive, the new 3.4ee running you over $1100.

I suggest you do like guapo said and take your own advice and read up on these things before you open your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom