Building my first PC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, most of those powersupplies are 20 pin, whereas the motherboard im getting is 24. So they wont work...unless I can get an adapter??

also, about the processor im wondering about the 512 L2 cache. Is that too low? Or would it be worth spending 40 more dollars and getting an 3700+ 1MB L2 cache?

I use the Antec 550W TruePower...costs about $100...but works great...

Yes you can buy an adapter, this is the first one I found on newegg (didn't look further):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812183045

In the review, one person said:
I purchased and Aspire X-Plorer (20 pin power supply) and an Asus A8E-V motherboard (24 pin power). When I try to play DVDs my system crashes. The Asus tech tracked the problem down to my power system, even though he wasn't aware I was using an adapter. Buy with caution! You might be better off in the long run purchasing a power supply with a 24 pin connector. I know I wish I had.

who knows if it's true or not...probably not...but...depending on what you're going to spend on the PSU, it might be better to just get one with a 24 pin...

:)

did you know that the lite-on drives are often brought by other maunfactures and given different firmware and faces and sold for much more one of these resalers includes sony. i have also read some reviews which places the lite-on ahead of both the sony and pioneer

You want recommendations for a cd drive you said? NEC looks to be a good one, and it can burn dvds. I knew as soon as I seen the x800xl some1 would push the 6800GT and earlier this year I would have said go with the x800xl but nowdays I think the 6800GT would prob be the better buy. Earlier the x800xl was $60-70 cheaper and usually got a few more fps but nowdays they look like they are about the same price, but the 6800GT has PS3 which is used in some games.

For me go for the Plextor optical drive, currently i use Lite-On CDRw and it sucks!!! really dissapointed ( maybe i am the unlucky one )

I owned Lite-on DVD rom too and it piss me off,so sold it on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom