Computer heats my room up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey to u all turn up your air conditioning i have a p4 ht 3.0 ghz in a room it does not warm it up but my house is kept at 70 F or less if it friggin hot outside.lol
i dont really notice any heat up in the room but my leg next to the tower does feel warmer but thats about it.
that comp is under the ac vent so I wonder if that affects it somehow:confused:

but on another computer I have an antec truepower psu and it does not blow any hot air the exaust fan is never on only the internal intake fan in the psu.

"The heat has to go somewhere"

ok, and that translates into it heating up the room more how?

Your GPU on air will hit say, 80C under full load (example of course) that's 80C air that's just being blow around in your room and inside the computer.

The water will take away that heat long before it gets to 80C and will keep it at around 45C....any heat in the water will be transferred to the radiator which will be very quickly cooled by the fans....you're taking away 35C of heat just from one component alone right there.

Oh wait heres the main thing to notice.....hmm I've had both AIR and WATER, so I think I'd know exactly how it effects the room that the computer is in being that it's been in the same room during both instances.

You're trying to say that a hotter CPU and GPU under air, in which that heat is being directly blown out, is somehow cooler than a water setup which keeps the heat from rising to the levels of AIR in the first place and is kept within the water, inside the tubes, which yes gets to the radiator which is cooled...that radiator gets NOWHERE NEAR as hot as the heatsinks for your CPU and GPU.

So, you're burning more energy in your room by keeping water cooling running, AND, you're just moving the heat more efficiently from your computer to your radiator, which helps heat your room just as much.
burning more energy...ok, this isn't your body after eating a meal, or a furnace and coal we're talking about here.

"Moving heat" to the radiator doesn't heat up your computer at all....it's moving less heat than if you're just using air to blow it from the actual heat source...beyond that, yes the pump does of course produce it's own heat, but it's completely negated by the amount of heat you're dissipating from your GPU and CPU.

You guys are going off what you simply 'think' is correct and I've actually had both kinds of setups

Get phase change or dry ice cooling. Then you will have the problem of the room getting to cold, which is better than hot, IMO.

no, nubius... this is what I'm saying buddy. Radiators take energy. When energy is expelled in almost any setup, there is inefficency. That produces HEAT RELEASE. Adding another component like a radiator adds to energy consumption, which adds to heat discharge.

Ryan

A radiator uses no energy..... Its just a tube of copper and copper fins.... Thats all a radiator is.... so where are you getting this "radiators use energy".....

what keeps the water moving? A machine. One that takes energy to run. You can't tell me that a radiator functions on nothing. And you know, you're picking me apart like I'm saying that it's going to feel like the surface of the sun in his room. You're totally getting me wrong. I'm saying, as far as ROOM TEMPERATURE goes, water cooling is not going to help. It will hurt, a tiny, tiny bit. By however much extra heat radiator devices put out.

Ryan

Sigh, use some common since dumb ass there are different parts to a water cooling setup the Radiator has no moving parts and uses no power, so it does NOT take energy to run the Radiator. The only part in an average water cooling system that takes energy is the pump and even that puts out extremly little heat, not even enough for a probe to tell the difference in the water.

don't call me a dumbass because I don't know where the water pump is mounted. Seriously... I know how a radiator works in a car, so I'm assuming it's pretty damn close to the computer setup. what's eating you up so much to call me a name? Did I not just say that it's going to make a miniscule amount of heat? Read the last 2 sentances of my previous post. Why are you picking me apart when I've said nothing that wasn't true? You, my friend, can shut the hell up and back down.

Like we've already established, water cooling won't help your room temperature. It's just a way of moving the heat out of your computer case.

Ryan

Geez, what's wrong with you people? How do you lessen the heat in your room? Simple. Open the window because apparently the hot air would go out and the cool air wil stay inside. That's it. Thermodynamics anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom