winxp pro sp2 install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks ill try that. the error i get is this:

The file _______ was not copied correctly. The file setup placed on your hard drive was not a vaild windows xp system image. If you are installing from a cd there may be a problem with the cd.

always happens at 85%.

anyways gonna go try the win98 thing.

bradybnmci said:
You can yank that HDD out and put it as a slave in another machine and try a 3rd party disk managment tool...
or, just throw it out the window. lol j/k

use powermax to delete it (with the quick formar option) ans you might have got a bootsector virus. it that don't work you need a new cd rom. when powermax formats it, it will also let you know if the drive is bad

powermax is in my signature

ok i completly did the format with the powermanx thing on one of my drives with the other ones unplugged from the power. then tried to install windows. There is a problem with something idk. Is there a possibility that a virus could get in my bios?

I'm thinking scratched disc or bad cd rom. they are making them really cheap these days

its an official xp disc with sp2. not scratched at all i have also tried other copies of it too.

I have tried installing it on 2 diff hdd's. Making sure only one of them is plugged in at a time. Once today I got to 99% with an older version of windows xp and got this error once it hit 100%: "Line 1267 of hivedef.inf is corrupted" and i've only got that far with a scratched disc...

if powermax didn't take those corrupted errors away (I encounter this on about 7-8 computers), and your disc isn't scratched, then you got a cheap cd rom. I experience this on 4 people computers that I was fixing. I would get a cd-rom out of the garage and use it to install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom