What the hell am I doing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

amd643200+

Banned
I recently got a new amd 64 3200+
and after about 2 days of trying to convince myself not to overclock it I decided to do it anyway. I started changing the FSB in increments of 5 and reached 225 max (10 x 225) but it was made some errors encoding video so i knocked it down to 220 where it was stable but after about 2 days it died on me due to some over voltage (or something that I am not sure of ) so i got a new one same kind amd 64 3200+ with the same gigabite k8vt800 pro board and the via chipset anyway this time i got a stable fsb of 224 keeping the multiplier at 10 I also set the dimms to +.01 volts and sure enough 3 days later it dies but not the same as last time this time it goes to the memory test and passes but then lock's up to where I cant get into the bios or do anything so now I have a third amd 64 3200 + same as the other's but I want to know what the hell I did wrong on the first 2

also when I put the fsb at 225 for a 2.25 ghz it wouldent register in the system properties or on a computer clock why is this

anyone have any ideas on either of the questions would be very helpful

yea i've read that people have done slight overclocks to this chip due to it burning up/very unstable.. this chip is massive, already full of fun and entertainment... it's clocked as a 3.2(pentium), so personally i wouldn't see myself pushing this chip at all!

I dont think it was the psu because it was still working after the rest of the PC had died and yes I have read of people reaching higher ghz than me and mine was a modest OC of only 2.2ghz and 2.24ghz thats why I was so surprised but i will just leave the bios alone when I get my third one I think that it is the gigabit board that is the problem I dont think it responds well to overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom