New Gaming Build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKongol

Baseband Member
Hey i am building a new gaming pc and pulling all the stops. I want to know which to get an IP4 3.8 or a AMD 64 dual core 4200.
I am going to run a SLI board with 2 7800GTX money is no prob . i also had a question about the operating frequency. the IP4 runs at 3.8 and the AMD runs at 2.2 why is it that AMD runs a lower frequency?

DragoonKongol said:
Hey i am building a new gaming pc and pulling all the stops. I want to know which to get an IP4 3.8 or a AMD 64 dual core 4200.
I am going to run a SLI board with 2 7800GTX money is no prob . i also had a question about the operating frequency. the IP4 runs at 3.8 and the AMD runs at 2.2 why is it that AMD runs a lower frequency?

Get the Amd for sure. They work differently , dont worry about the clock speeds. 4200 AMD compares to a 4.2ghz Pentium. And Amd's are generally better for gaming.

Defiantly AMD for gaming. However a 4200+ is a dual core CPU, and made for multimedia and not gaming. CPU's like a 3700+ San Diego are cheaper, and higher peformance for gaming than both the Intel's and Dual Core AMD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom