Daemon Poster
I have this:

AMD xp 2000+
1gb pc3200 ram (corsair value)
ati 9600se 128mb agp 8x
120gb HDD
cd/dvd drive
2 fans

My 350watt fortron boots the PC up with a mx400 and also a PCI radeon, but not my 9600se. Is my +12v rail too low? (16A) Or is something wrong with the 9600se.

Its' really really odd. I couldn't get it to boot with the 9600se, so I sent it to a clanmate who owns a shop. He eventually got it to work, and even tested it for 5 hours. So he shipped it back to me, and it doesnt work for me.

We talked on the phone and still can't figure out why it worked at his house and not mine. We replugged stuff in and all. I am thinkin the 9600se is weird.

16a is pretty dang low...wouldn't be surprised if that system is taxing that...mind you if it's not that great of a PSU to begin with then it probably won't give a strong 16a in the first place...however it's generally recommended to never use above 75% of the amount you got....which in this case would be 12a...so using 12-13a would be ok, but perhaps taxing to the PSU.

12-13a isn't very much at all....but if you don't have another PSU to test it with that has higher voltages then I don't know what to tell ya

^^ *Higher wattage.

There should be plenty of watt's avaliable. http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/Power_Supply_Calculator.php?cmd=AMD

It ends up at 212. You are meant to add some more to that final wattage (it is meant to be around 50 or so,) but then again a dvd drive doesn't use the 25 watts when on standby.

You really need to test your hardware. If you can the 9600se on a different PC if you don't have a PSU handy. You could also take some hardware out like the dvd drive, a stick of ram etc.

I think speed fan will tell you the voltage levels, download that and check them.

Well, that should be enough for the 9600se. I just took the pc into a local shop and they tried out another card in it (a radeon 7000 I believe) and it booted. I think the card is just messed up.

Is it possible for something to be wrong with 8x though? I dunno how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom