Office2000 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
Hey guys... i've got MS office 2000 pro. Recently, i haven't been able to use it... only excel which i never use anyway. I can't reinstall, uninstall, or install it for nothing. I get this dialog box which says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Then it gives me a box to locate the installation package on my computer. I can't find anything of the sort on my computer and I dont know what to do. I looked it up on MS's website and i'm totally lost as to what they are telling me to do with the Administrative install path.

Is there any way to force an uninstall? Could i manually delete the files, reg entries and try to reinstall it then?

This all happened after i tried installing office 2003 and had to uninstall it since i couldn't activate it (i already used the code twice).

ANY ideas?? I can't uninstall, reinstall or install it. I can't use any of it except Excel. If i try to start, reinstall, or uninstall, i get that box. :mad:

Office 9 may need some service packs.

Is Windows Genuine Advantage interfering?

I'm sticking with the latter as you said something about code and Office 11. I think Office 11 failed and it locked you out of Office 9 as well. This normally works for me if I'm locked out of a program. Uninstall it and run a reg cleaner. Then re install it.

WHAT? I can't uninstall it! Again, I can't uninstall it, i can't reinstall it, i can't INSTALL it, and i can't use it! I get that message EVERY time i do ANYTHING that involves office

ok... just tried to do an office update through the office site... it gave me the explanation of whats going on, but no way to fix it. The files that the box is wanting me to look for is basically installation log files. Somehow they were deleted.

Can i just delete everything that has to do with office including reg keys and then try to reinstall?

The problem comes in how do you know exactly which reg keys are associated with office? they might have some hidden in other places that you dont know about. It might be one of the hidden ones that is causeing all the grief. You can try it though. I mean no harm came from trying anything. Have you tried to search for the log and show all files so that the search will find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom