Video card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebthazu

Beta member
I recently finished building my new PC. I am having some troubles with crashing when opening games. It seems to be somewhat random. Some times I can play for hours straight, leave the pc on overnight, and play for hours the next day. Other times I can't get in game after many repeated attempts and reboots.

Here is what I have tried:
77.72 Drivers from nvidia
80.40 drivers from 3dguru.com (http://www.google.com/search?q=gefo...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)
The card runs between 53 and 56 degrees according to the Nvidia sensors in the display settings.

All other drivers are up-to-date.
Here are the systems specs:
MSI Neo4 K8N Platinum
AMD 64 x2 4600+
WD Raptor 74 gb
eVGA geforce 7800 GTX
OCZ 520W PSU

Why I think it's the video card:
I had a friend who told me to check the event logger in Administrative Tools of windows. At the date of each crash I have this:

The NVIDIA Display Driver Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

It has done it well over 30 times, so I'm not sure why it continues to say 1.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open for them, and I appreciate your time. Thank you, and if there's any other information I should provide, please let me know.

Since this looks like a new system, I assume you put everything together than installed windows, so it's a recent windows installition. You got enough power, the second most common culprit.

It's not a common problem, expisally with a well made eVGA card, so this is most likely a hardware error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom