Software disabling

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierreba

Solid State Member
I have a company with employees.

Iam looking for a software (preferably freeware) that gives me the ability to prevent the employees from certain softwares or activities (ex: disabling msn messenger and downloads...)

there is so much you can do to control your system. Setup a small domain, apply a few group polices to them and all is well. Also, don't set them up as admins or powerusers. Only make them Users. That will prevent most of the stuff you don't want them to do in the first place.
The group policy can augment or control. I preffer the augment way as control takes more resources.
if you need help with GP's just ask.

Good luck

Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far...
I have another question...

How can I be able to apply a policy on users other than admins...

As far as I understood from guides, this could be done by modifying the "User configuration" and not the "Computer Configuration".. However.. the policies are even applied on the admin.... For example, when I Enable "Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run" in User Configuration, I'am (me admin) also unable to run messenger...

Any help please ??

You have to construct groups in a domain to differentiate the policies applied. If you do the config on the machine, it will be set that way for everyone. If you do it through the domain, you can create a group and apply the policy to the group, thus giving you the ability to lock something out for some and not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom