What computer would I need to run 10 css servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
may i ask how the heck are you gettin a 100mbit pipe? are you starting an isp something? or a you just bloddy rich?

Dedicated Gaming Server:

1.) OS: Windows XP or Linux

2.) CPU
Players CPU Speed Required
Up to 8 933 MHz
9 to 16 1.6 GHz
17 to 32 2.4 GHz
32+ 3.0 GHz

3.) High-speed network and bandwidth: In a LAN environment, 100BaseT Ethernet and corresponding switches will be adequate for full-speed game playing. Avoid wireless connectivity, because wireless has a higher latency than wired Ethernet. Latency dictates how fast the server can receive and respond to movements by client gameplayers—the lower the latency, the smoother the gameplay experience. If your server will to be offered to remote players over the Internet, then a dedicated ADSL line is adequate for as many as eight players. Higher-speed SDSL or cable connections, or fractional T1, will be needed for between nine and 15 players. For 16 to 32 players, T1 speeds are required. And for more than 32 concurrent users, you'll need multiple megabits per second.

4. ) Game Server Software

5.) System Memory - More is better

hehe i have some poeple that know some people and I get it free. And Do you guys think a xp2400 1gig ram could run 2 20 slot servers?

hmm 3 might be stretching it, all u can do is try. (But make sure u try with every server full at the same time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom