win xp will not install

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is on device found which is messed up b/c with the wd software my hdd is fine but not anywhere else. I appreciate all the help so far and if anyone else can help that would be great.

Holla @ ya boy

drickalmighty said:
the hdd is the primary master and the nec is on the secondary as master. I have changed the boot sequence to every combination possible. It does not give me the option to push a button to boot from the cd it will do it automatically if I don't eject the cd after the restart. It seems like it takes forever to boot up too it says something about dmi pool. No matter what I do it says invalid system disk I even put my hdd in my roomates computer as slave and formatted it there and then took it back out and put it back in mine as master and the same thing happens. I know that the cd works b/c I have used it before actually I used it the other day on my neighbors computer.

Go into your bios and write down all the entries that are displayed. Like this:

Menu Boot sequence Firmware
install cd rom update
display hdd esc
keyboard floppy etc

Something like that....

Look, by now you've wasted more than your fair share of time...especially since this is a low-cost 40gig hard-drive.

Ditch the thing, it's just wasting your time and effort. Go drop $30 and buy another 40gig and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom