Canon iP5000 and Print Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

noise_watch

Beta member
I have a canon iP5000 photo printer and I will soon be getting a laptop and ditching my desktop... so I want to hook my printer up to my network. All the major networking companies have various print servers that will accomplish this, but from what I've read, it's kinda hit or miss if it's gonna work with your printer.

I would like to have a wireless one, but I can deal with having my router, printer and whatnot all together.

so my question is, does anyone have any experience with a Canon iP5000 and w/less or wired print servers? any suggestions?

oh, I have a D-Link DI-624 router if that makes a difference

thanks in advance
Dan

I use a wired print server for my laptop and desktop to share the printer. Make sure you install any drivers you need to make it work on the network. It's pretty easy. But, I use an HP 7200 or something all in one.

yeah, I was looking for someone who had specific experience with the iP5000... cause I wanna make sure all the canon photo printing software will work over the network

anyway, I guess I might just have to try it myself and return it if it doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom