AMD Barton 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE!!!

I bought the AsusTek A7V8X-X Motherboard, DDR400, 8X, FSB333 - Brand New for £40

Great, ive heard nothing but good things about that board, enjoy. BTW does it have sata ports on it. i dont remember.

No this one doesn;t because its the "-x" model which is a more budget version, it does have all the right features tho, AGP8X etc.

I meant to ask, how would getting a 7200rpm 8mb improve my gaming experience over (what i assume, due to its age) a 2mb one?

Got my CPU today, it looks OK, gonna test it 2morrow in someones mobo :)

How do i attatch the heatsink? Does it clip onto the CPU or the MOBO?

new to this, i'm looking for some tutorials :)

:eek:

Aw crap, i've been sent a Thorobred 2800 as opposed to a Barton, i can tell by the size of the Die.

Is there much difference?

p.s. i found out how to attatch the heatsink etc.

Karl

http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/amd-barton/index02.htm

Check here, down the page you can see the TBred core has a smaller core, my CPU has a smaller core, you can also see the Code explanation (its in russian) but as i can see it says "3=256kb L2", looking on the code of my CPU it has a 3 there. Bartons have 512kb, which is denominated by a 4

http://us.st7.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/directron_1766_90242718

This is a barton 2800, you can tell cos the Core is larger and that it clearly says on the code kv4d , 4 meaning 512kb L2 cahce which Bartons have.

:(

The confusing thing is that where it says

Thoroughbred-B processors showed operating voltage to be 1.6V (letter U), while Barton processors showed 1.65V (letter K)

Mine has the letter K!

What the hell?!

OK the person i am buying it off says he'll drop the price to £55, which sounds very reasonable to me, should i take it, does the TBred still perform well?

I'm buying it off a friend, he thought it was a barton, well for £55 i can resist really so i'll take it.

Another point, i'm looking through the online manual for the asus board i have bought and it says

"This motherboard has a AGP slot that supports +1.5V cards only. Please make sure when buying a graphics card you ask for a 1.5V version."

But isn't +1.5V AGP 4X???? and +0.8V is AGP8X?? The board says it supports AGP8X. Radeon says you need a motherboard compatible with 8X (0.8V) or 4X (1.5V)

My 9800Pro aint going to run at 4X is it??! I want it to run at 8X!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom